Sunday, February 13, 2011

SUPERBOWL!!!! Yeah Yeah I know it is way late sorry

So for SuperBowl I showed up to the party with a Chubby!! That is a Chubby 5L mini Keg full of Wasatch Golden Ale. This little guy went over HUGE! These are available at the beer store and I have seen them at the DABC store up on Highland Drive. 

This is as close to on tap as you can get outside a bar in Utah and the flavor is amazing. I have had Wasatch Golden Ale in the Little Slammers before and liked it then but this is even better. This is the perfect beer to give to all your friends that are used to the fizzy yellow water the major breweries call beer (I am talking directly to the Bud Light Crowd) This went well with all the food we had there but it went especially well with the Tar Pit Hot wings. They were an amazing combo there was a nice bit of smokey heat and then the malt in the beer really came through because of it. Then it is a very refreshing brew so it cooled off the palate so you wanted more wings.
My only regret was that there was about 12 people drinking it and I wish I would have brought 2 instead of just the one.

On a side Note I also have been drinking some Hop Rising from Squatters and I have to say I am very impressed with it. I was not at first, in fact the first one I tried I hated. However I love it now that I know what it goes with, or more importantly what not to drink it with. I will post more on that later this week because it is amazing as well. For now all I will say is that if you see it at your local DABC get a 6 pack or two and try it. NOT WITH anything creamy like cheese it will taste like someone slapped you in the mouth with a hop vine. EAT IT WITH SPICY FOOD it was absolutely delicious with the Thai Potstickers and hot sauce I had on Friday so so good. It is good on its own as well if you are used to full flavored beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment