Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Uinta Crooked Line

  As I mentioned in my last post I went to the Murray DABC store yesterday and while I was there I saw these huge beer bottles in their own section, I was intrigued because of the beers I have been seeing on New Brew Thursday and decided to check them out. They turned out to be from our own Uinta Brewing Company, the new Crooked Line to be exact. They had three different ones there so I got one of each, when I got home I checked out the website and realized I was missing one so I hurried to the Little Big beer store this morning and grabbed a bottle of the missing brew and a couple Crooked Line signature glasses. ( Damn you Stephen Johnson! My wife is gonna kill me!) This beer store is in the Uinta Pub onsite at the brewery and is owned by the DABC so they can sell these Big beers right there. The bonus to buying them here is they are all chilled and there is no way to get them any fresher. The bottle of Labyrinth Black Ale I picked up there was bottled in late December and has been in the cooler since, however they were out of Tilted Smile which seems to be one of the most popular in this series it has already won an award at the Stockholm Beer and Whiskey Festival so I am excited to give it a try.
  Here is a brief rundown of the lineup and hopefully by this weekend I will have cracked one or two of them open with some friends and will let you all now what we think of them.

Detour- Double India Pale Ale 

Cockeyed Cooper- Bourbon Barrel Barley Wine Ale


Labyrinth- Black Ale


Tilted Smile- Imperial Pilsner


  So as I mentioned I will be opening these up in the near future and trying them all out with a few of my beer buddies an we will let you know what we think. Until then I will have to keep my hands off them especially that Labyrinth Black Ale, I cant wait to try that one! Until then check out the links to the Crooked Line beers above and if they sound interesting to you swing by the Little Big Beer store at Uinta Brewing or your Local DABC store to pick one, or three, or five of them up. Uinta is going to send me a list of bars that are currently carrying them as well and as soon as that gets here I will put it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment