Saturday, February 2, 2013

Galloway Porter You have to try this!



As I mentioned in a previous post I had some Galloway Porter and it got me very interested in Epic Brewing again. Guinness is my favorite beer and is amazing (I'm Irish what can I say) and this is not a Stout, however I make a Guinness comparison due to the depth and complexity of flavor this beer has. Their website describes it as "A dark, full-bodied and drinkable beer, Galloway Porter highlights rich roasted chocolate and coffee-like malt flavors and aromas.  It has a very mild hop addition so that the chocolate malt flavor can shine through, 5.4% alcohol by volume."
That is an apt description but I think it may sell it short, the flavor is amazingly complex, yet it is not a heavy beer. The guys that were drinking it with don't really like Guinness and I take some heat from them for my "beer so thick you can stand a fork in it". These same guys were loving this Galloway Porter, full flavor, amazing color and smell, almost no aftertaste it is defiantly going to be around during the Superbowl tomorrow this is a GREAT Beer. If you have not tried it yet get down to the DABC store or better yet to EPIC Brewing and give it a try even if you don't usually like dark beers, this one may change your mind.


1 comment: