Friday, May 27, 2011

Brewing, Epic Porter, and Wasatch Summer Twilight

So as I mentioned in my last post this spring has been swamped but I am getting everything back in order and need to transfer a lot of stuff from my notebooks to here. That being said a quick update on the homebrews! We did a Kolsch first and it is now in secondary Lagering down for a bit and we will be bottling it on Saturday or Monday. We also brewed up a Unraptured Celtic Stout on May 21st. Yeah made it right when Jesus was supposed to come get us and since that didn't happen it will be aging for about 3-4 months in secondary and then we will give it a try.
On a local beer note I had an Epic Galloway Porter the other night and Epic has hit a homerun with that one in my book it was amazing. We had some nice rib eyes and some mashed potatoes with Redwine brown gravy and  the flavors went very well together. I am going to have to make a trip in to their location now. I was a little let down with their Stout but after this Porter I want to try a lot more of their stuff so watch for that coming up as well.
I also grabbed a couple 6 packs of Wasatch Summer Twilight at Smith's the other day when we were brewing our first batch of beer. It caught my interest because it is a Kolsch style beer and that is what we were making so I was all over it! They didn't last to long this beer is super clean and crisp and perfect for hot weather. If you or your friends are still drinking Corona for your hot weather beer then get some of this instead you will not regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment