Saturday, February 9, 2013

Need a Reason to go to Logan?

Superbowl Sunday!! No plans for once, and we ended up going to Logan to get my son at his friends. I wanted a good beer and good food I passed the Beehive Grill and saw they had Moab Brewery beers so we gave it a shot. The best way to put it, we were pleasantly surprised, I am trying to be a 75% vegetarian so I had the Gazpacho Salad and black bean soup that came with their Jalapeno Cornbread, my wife had the Clam Chowder and all the food was amazing.
I paired my food with Moab Brewery's Rocket Bike Lager, which I had not tried before, I had seen it in cans at Smith's but I am always excited for craft beers on tap. The reviews online for this beer aren't stellar but they are all based on the can version. I loved this beer it has a great bready smell to it and a very earthy strong flavor with just the right amount of hop bite to it. The hops seemed to still have a bit of citrus pushing through the bold flavor of this beer. My favorite thing about this beer though is that it has a strong flavor profile, yet has little to no after taste. I appreciate that more and more in a beer since I started brewing this one is crisp.
It will stand up to spicy and rich foods, yet it won't overpower whatever you are enjoying for dinner because of the clean finish it has, that finish also makes it a great session beer. Next time I am at the store I am going to grab a 4 pack of cans to see if it close to this one I had on tap.
As for the reason to drive to Logan the Beehive Grill has the full selection of Moab Brewery beers on tap and they are only 3.25 a glass!! The food was very good as well and they make their own Gelato onsite, we had the Burbon Vanilla and the Orange Chocolate and they were both very good. This is a place worth trying so check it out, take a day trip up to Logan and be sure and go here for lunch or dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment