Thursday, January 27, 2011

HIVE..........Honey stung Ale

  I was very excited to try this beer before it is out of season, according to the website it is Jan-Mar. So I got a 6 pack at Smiths Marketplace last night and had one on its own. This beer looks awesome it has a deep golden color and smells wonderful. It also has a nice full head on it that reminds me almost of a Nitro beer but doesn't last quite as long. The flavor was very nice it does have quite a bit of bitter when you first take a drink but then it mellows out nicely. It reminds me of a more flavorful Amber Bock. I really did like the flavor of this beer however I was slightly let down.........
  With a label like this and the information I have read I was hoping for more honey flavor that I just didn't get. I have looked on the website and it recommends Salmon or Baklava, I think I will try that and see if it will bring out some of the sweetness that may be hiding in this beer. 
  It is a good beer and if you are not used to craft beers this is a great one to start with, like I said great flavor but just don't expect to have a ton of honey flavor as I was. I will make another post when I have a chance to pair this. If you have had it before in a good pairing please let me know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment