Monday, January 10, 2011

First Post- Welcome all and a Thank You!

Hello everyone,
  The purpose of this blog is to share amazing beer selection we have being brewed right here in Utah. I know, I know this is almost a prohibition state but because of that we have quite a few craft breweries across the state. I will be attempting to try the brews at all of these, and then expand to other great beer that is available to us here in Utah.
  For a little background, I don't strictly drink craft beer. My favorite beer is Guinness, I am Irish so it may be a given. Watch for some great Guinness pairings a recipes every so often due to this. I also enjoy some major brewery beers such as Pacifico, the occasional Corona, and a few other imports as well. I will get this out of the way right now my "American" beer that I drink quite often is Miller High Life, I know on the beer spectrum that is probably as far from Guinness as one can get. To that I say ride horses all day hunting in the mountains and drink a 6 pack of Guinness or MHL.......I know I cant shoot straight after Guinness number 4, and at about 5.5 staying in the saddle would be the major challenge at hand. The MHL on the other hand is just cool and refreshing and wont cause an unfortunate firearm accident.
  That being said I dont like the majority of the mainstream beers available here, a few of them I will not even drink if they are given to me. That is what originally pushed me in the direction of some of the Craft breweries in the Salt Lake area there are great beers here from Porters to Hefeweizens. So stay tuned and please subscribe so you can catch the updates as I head out with a few friends to check out the beers and Brew Pubs right here in Utah, then if you like what you hear head out and try them for your self.

On a side note I just want to say thanks to New Brew Thursday, especially Stephen Johnson. This podcast has reignited my love of good beer and I hope to one day take a few of the best beers from our breweries here in Utah out to the guys and see what they think of them. I also hope I can do Dr. Bill justice with my pairings. Check out their show for some great Craft brew information you wont regret it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment