Monday, January 17, 2011

Football and Beer! Labyrinth, Tilted Smile and..................a surprise!

  It has been very busy since Thursday, and busy since then as well but on Saturday evening I had a great night with my friends Rick, and Preston. We went to Ricks to watch the Packers play Atlanta and thank goodness Green Bay won. Even if they hadn't Rick probably would have still been in a good mood since the beer was amazing. We had your normal football fare, chips and bean dip, and a few other snacks as well and Prestons favorite beer style is Pilsner so out came the tilted smile...........boy is it smooth. It does not taste like a 9% beer the flavors are awesome, the hops are there but not overpowering at all and even though the flavor is complex it doesn't have an after taste at all it is just smooooth. We will definitely be keeping this beer around, as I mentioned in a previous post I picked this up at the DABC store and it was about 7.00 for the big bottle and it easily serves three. It is also available year round, I would strongly recommend picking up a bottle or two next time you are at the liquor store.

  Right before half time we wanted more beer so we decided to try the Labyrinth, Rick and I are both dark beer fans so we popped that one open. Ricks take was "I think I am going to have to break my glass to get this out!" This beer is dark and has a ton of flavor, molasses, anise, chocolate, and coffee tones all at once. I am going to save any further comments for another post because this one needs its own, we didnt really have any food to go with it and it is STRONG on its own. I am going to plan a dinner with Cheese Cake for desert and have this with that and I think it will be much better. Don't get me wrong it is good on its own, but it is DARK and I drink Guinness two or three at a time on a regular basis so I would suggest pairing it with something sweet and it will be amazing. 

  Now the surprise of the night was next, I pulled out a couple bottles of Wasatch Devastator. All I have to say is that beer is an A. It will be getting its own full review in the near future and I have a Black and Tan inspired idea for this brew so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment